Alpha Baptist Church Ministry Training exists as a non-degree granting school of adult education. Its goal is to equip lay leaders for transformational ministry within and through the local church. Our classes provide training in biblical and doctrinal studies, as well as in ministry and leadership skills. The courses are beneficial to a better understanding of the Bible and will assist those seeking spiritual growth. This training is offered to teach God’s people with the Bible as its authority and the Holy Spirit as its guide.
2017 Winter Semester classes:
- Foundational Courses: “Growing Toward Spiritual Maturity” and “Understanding People”
- Standard Courses: “Biblical Beliefs” and “Old Testament Survey, Pt. 1”
- Advanced Courses: “The Triune God” and “Old Testament Survey, Pt. 2”
Ministry Training here at Alpha is a series of 12-week courses in which ETA (Evangelical Training Association) programs are used to assist the church in equipping volunteers and lay leaders for ministry within the church by building strong disciples, leaders and teachers to serve Christ more effectively.
These courses will lead students to:
- Build a strong foundation of Bible reading and Bible study.
- Get an in-depth overview of all 66 books of the Bible.
- Get an understanding of where the Bible came from and how to use it, and basic Christian Theology.
- Become more rooted in the Gospel and God’s love.
- Sharpen your gifts to communicate and apply biblical truth for life transformation and spiritual growth.